Just like their owners, pets need regular dental care to stay healthy. Both offices of Bluestar Pet Hospital & Grooming – St. Johns location on CR 210 and Baymeadows location in Jacksonville – offer preventive dental services for dogs and cats, as well as treatment of oral problems.
On-site dental care for pets in St. Johns, FL, St. Augustine, and Jacksonville areasThere is no need for a dental cleaning to stress your pet. With sedation, prophylaxis is performed efficiently, and with greatly reduced risk of physical or emotional trauma. Contemporary instruments including an ultrasonic scaler allow us to clean the teeth thoroughly yet gently, removing bacterial plaque and hardened tartar. We are happy to provide a hands-on demonstration of at-home brushing techniques and advice on a dental-friendly diet, water additives, and chew treats.
If your pet does experience a dental problem, it can usually be treated right here, by the doctor and team who know your pet best. Dr. Gutta and his partner veterinarians Dr. Sri and Dr. Amar utilize leading edge diagnostic technologies and have a wealth of experience in oral surgeries for dogs and cats.
Benefits of pet dental care
- Comfort – A dog or cat could suffer a long time from the discomfort of an abscess, loose or broken tooth, or oral cyst or tumor before you realize there is a problem.
- Longer life – Untreated periodontal disease has a detrimental effect on your pet’s oral health. It is also linked to grave systemic issues such as heart disease and diabetes, which may shorten your pet’s life.
- Fewer trips to the vet – Without regular dental care, your pet is more likely to develop tooth decay, fistula (an opening from the oral cavity into nasal passages), bone infection, or jaw fracture.
- Cost effective – The cost of treating a dental emergency or a health problem related to oral deterioration can be considerable. It easily outweighs the lifetime expense of regular dental prophy appointments and good home care.
- Better companion – With good dental care, your pet will have fresher, more pleasant breath. You will also avoid behavior problems associated with oral discomfort.
Pets dental care at Bluestar Pet Hospital
Our team at the Bluestar Pet Hospital focus on helping you prevent dental issues that ultimately cause discomfort for your pet and expense for you.
Dental cleanings are performed under anesthesia to ensure the comfort of your pet. We use an ultrasonic scaler and polisher to remove bacteria, plaque, and hardened tartar.
We clean the teeth, then polish and rinse the mouth before we wake the patient up. Our team recommends an annual dental checkup, possibly more frequently for older pets or those with compromised health.
We provide emergency and non-urgent dental treatment when problems do occur. We handle extractions, soft tissue injuries, mouth cysts and tumors, and other dental procedures in-house.
Dr. Venkat Gutta
Bluestar Pet Hospital & Grooming
At Blue Star Pet Hospital and Grooming, Dr. Venkat Gutta provides high quality and modern veterinary services to all your furry friends! At Bluestar, Dr. Gutta and his team are committed to providing your pets with both a full-service Veterinary Hospital and a modern grooming salon for dogs and cats. Our topmost commitment is to provide your companion animals with high-quality medicinal care. Dr. Gutta strongly believes in treating your four-legged companions as family members and providing them with excellent veterinary care in a value-friendly manner. At Bluestar, we also believe that it is important to educate you, as a pet owner, and ensure that the unique needs of your pet and you are met at all times. Through Bluestar, Dr. Gutta and his team serve patients in Durbin Crossing, Jacksonville, St Augustine, St Johns, CR 210 and other areas. Whether it is pet vaccinations, surgery equipment, and techniques, advanced diagnostic testing or even flea and tick control products, we give you access to the best and most cutting-edge treatments and technologies At Bluestar, we believe that your pet is the STAR!