Are you looking for a veterinary technician role where your coworkers are like family? Look no further than Bluestar Pet Hospital! Our veterinarians and veterinary technicians work together as a team to communicate with clients and provide the best treatment for our furry family members. We all truly work hard, work together, and have one goal in mind–the patients.
If you are someone who enjoys learning, being challenged, and working with pets, while also having a personality that is motivated, self-driven, responsible, and hard-working, Bluestar Pet Hospital may be the perfect fit for you.
We look forward to having the opportunity to meet with you!
Basic Technical Skills and Responsibilities (as described by AVMA):
- Safe Animal handling/restraint (dogs and cats)
- Surgical Prep (pre and post-op)
- Radiology Positioning and Understanding
- Anesthesia performance and intubation ideal
- Sample collection and preparation- blood, urine, feces, skin
- IV catheter placement skills/Blood draws
- Laboratory skills- preparation and interpretation of fecal, urine, ear and skin samples
- Basic pharmacology knowledge (i.e.- heartworm, flea and tick medications, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, etc.)
- Knowledge of the veterinary field in the purpose of client education & technical skills including vaccination schedule for dogs and cats, general anatomy and medical terminology, general disease processes, etc.
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering the telephone
- Answering client questions
- Recognizing possible medical emergencies
- Setting up new clients and patients
- Prep and maintenance of medical records
- Financial transactions
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Filling prescriptions
Dr. Venkat Gutta
Bluestar Pet Hospital & Grooming
At Blue Star Pet Hospital and Grooming, Dr. Venkat Gutta provides high quality and modern veterinary services to all your furry friends! At Bluestar, Dr. Gutta and his team are committed to providing your pets with both a full-service Veterinary Hospital and a modern grooming salon for dogs and cats. Our topmost commitment is to provide your companion animals with high-quality medicinal care. Dr. Gutta strongly believes in treating your four-legged companions as family members and providing them with excellent veterinary care in a value-friendly manner. At Bluestar, we also believe that it is important to educate you, as a pet owner, and ensure that the unique needs of your pet and you are met at all times. Through Bluestar, Dr. Gutta and his team serve patients in Durbin Crossing, Jacksonville, St Augustine, St Johns, CR 210 and other areas. Whether it is pet vaccinations, surgery equipment, and techniques, advanced diagnostic testing or even flea and tick control products, we give you access to the best and most cutting-edge treatments and technologies At Bluestar, we believe that your pet is the STAR!