Are you looking for a veterinary technician role where your coworkers are like family? Look no further than Bluestar Pet Hospital! Our veterinarians and veterinary technicians work together as a team to communicate with clients and provide the best treatment for our furry clients. We all truly work hard, work together, and have one goal in mind-the clients.
If you are someone who enjoys learning, being challenged, and working with pets, while also having a personality that is motivated, self-driven, responsible, and hard-working, Bluestar Pet Hospital may be the perfect fit for you.
We look forward to meeting you!
Basic Technical Skills and Responsibilities (as described by AVMA):
- Safe animal handling/restraint (dogs and cats)
- Surgical prep (pre and post-op)
- Radiology positioning and understanding
- Anesthesia performance and intubation ideal
- Sample collection and preparation (blood, urine, feces, skin)
- IV catheter placement skills, blood draws
- Laboratory skills – preparation and interpretation of fecal, urine, ear, and skin samples
- Basic pharmacology knowledge (i.e., heartworm, flea and tick medications, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, etc.)
- Have sound knowledge of the veterinary field for client education and technical skills, including vaccination schedules for dogs and cats, general anatomy and medical terminology, general disease processes, etc.
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering the telephone
- Answering client questions
- Recognizing possible medical emergencies
- Setting up new clients and clients
- Prep and maintenance of medical records
- Financial transactions
- Admitting and discharging clients
- Filling prescriptions